КЛК 'Владминес'
29 Март 2024, 02:51:48 *
Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
Войти
Лучшие фелинологические организации!
Добавье свою организацию! пока бесплатно!!!
Новости: Прглашаем всех в фотогалерею на нашем форуме

Начало   Помощь Поиск Календарь Галерея  
Страниц: [1]
  Печать  
Автор Тема: The Best Bike Helmets for Comfortable, Breezy Protection  (Прочитано 1976 раз)
upamfva
Ветеран

Кошачьих сил: 134
upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!

Благодарности
-Выражено: 0
-Получено: 0

Просмотр профиля Email
« : 07 Декабрь 2022, 08:00:04 »

The Best Bike Helmets for Comfortable, Breezy Protection

Riding bikes can be a liberating shakeup for runners looking to experience some speedy cross-training without less impact. Unfortunately, that mechanical speed advantage isn’t without risk: You can crash, and you can crash hard. Concussions are unsettlingly prevalent in the cycling world. Almost 25 percent of cyclists have suffered a traumatic brain injury at some point while riding, according to a 2019 study published in The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness—and this life-altering injury shouldn’t be taken lightly. Modern advances in helmet technology can make wearing one virtually unnoticeable and, sometimes, make you faster, too.To get more news about ebike helmet, you can visit magicyclebike.com official website.
What to Consider When Buying a Helmet
Sizing
A properly fitting helmet functions dramatically better than one that’s the wrong size. Most lower-end helmets come in one-size-fits-all packages, but fancier helmets tend to have multiple sizes for added comfort and range of fit. Companies all size their helmets the same way, based on the circumference of the head above the ears. These ranges can vary between brands, though, so it’s important to measure your own head and keep that number handy if you can’t try on a helmet before buying it.

Weight, Ventilation, and Aerodynamics
One of the luxuries of running, which I will always envy as a cyclist, is the ability to feel the wind on your head mile after mile. That said, some helmets are lighter and better ventilated than others; these designs, while more expensive, can help alleviate the “brain bucket” feeling that many riders succumb to on hot days. Even though they have less material, these helmets must still meet the same safety standards as all others, and the increased cost is mostly the result of deeper structural engineering to make every gram of foam count.

In the past decade, the proliferation of aerodynamic, or “aero,” helmets has taken the road cycling and triathlon worlds by storm. This style, while lacking the many vents that keep other lids cool, is designed to improve the aerodynamics of a rider’s head, and some people argue this upgrade can make an even bigger difference in a race than buying an aero bike or fancy carbon wheels.

What’s MIPS, and Do I Need It?
The Multidirectional Impact Protection System (MIPS) is a helmet liner technology that allows a helmet to slide around on your head if you hit the deck. Although this sounds counterproductive, it’s incredibly helpful for preventing your head from twisting sharply—along with a helmet—on side impacts, which is what would happen if you were wearing a helmet without MIPS. In other words, MIPS also protects you from whiplash, not just concussions, and I generally recommend buying helmets with this additional protection.

To Visor or Not to Visor?
What’s nice about visors is that they can block intermittent spots of sunlight that peek through trees, and they can also shield you from branches, dirt, or rocks that might fly up from your wheels on densely forested trails. Larger visors start to become a hindrance in a more bent-over road riding position, where they can get in the way of seeing down the road. Ultimately, you’re going to see helmet visors much more often in off-road applications like mountain biking than on the tarmac, where cyclists tend to opt for sunglasses.

How We Evaluated These Bike Helmets
Over a decade of riding, I’ve cycled through tons of helmets (no pun intended), and I’ve certainly tested some of their crash protection limits in my years in the off-road and racing scenes. These are all helmets I’ve worn myself, seen on my riding buddies from home, or sold en masse while working at a bike shop. I chose all of them because of their outstanding features, ventilation, protection technology, aerodynamics, aesthetics, and the combination of all those factors. I also consulted with some Bicycling test editors to hear their thoughts on the matter.
Trying to gather the equipment for three different sports can get costly quickly, especially with all the bike accessories. Thankfully, a good portion of Lazer’s product line has a unique trick for helping you get two helmets in one: The Aeroshell, sold separately from the Sphere, is a molded cover that snaps seamlessly onto the outside of this helmet to make it significantly more aerodynamic. That way, you can have a well-ventilated helmet for your everyday training, and you only have to spend an extra 20 bucks to be ready to cut through the wind on race day.

For a helmet that can go miles in any condition, consider the Omne Air Spin. It’s ventilated enough to pull its weight on a long, hot day, but not so much that it can’t be an effective, good-looking helmet for year-round commuters. Instead of MIPS, POC uses its similar proprietary technology called SPIN. Whether you’re rocking a skinsuit or business casual, you won’t look out of place with this POC piece on your noggin.

When it comes to aero helmets, it can get pretty tricky to find a model that is less than $300. Although, to some extent, this is a natural limitation of a design with so much engineering behind it, Abus knew it could shave something off that price tag while still producing a professional-grade race helmet. The GameChanger cuts through the wind in all directions thanks to its rounder shape (as opposed to long-tailed time trial helmets), and it still vents well enough to keep you from steaming up as the mercury rises.
Страниц: [1]
  Печать  

Перейти в: