КЛК 'Владминес'
24 Апрель 2024, 15:17:03 *
Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
Войти
Лучшие фелинологические организации!
Добавье свою организацию! пока бесплатно!!!
Новости: Прглашаем всех в фотогалерею на нашем форуме

Начало   Помощь Поиск Календарь Галерея  
Страниц: [1]
  Печать  
Автор Тема: Gift card fraud victim wants to warn others  (Прочитано 2588 раз)
upamfva
Ветеран

Кошачьих сил: 137
upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!upamfva is awe-inspiring!

Благодарности
-Выражено: 0
-Получено: 0

Просмотр профиля Email
« : 21 Октябрь 2022, 06:05:55 »

Gift card fraud victim wants to warn others

The Iron Mountain Road resident had bought a $100 Apple iTunes card on Dec. 10 using a bank debit card at the Walmart store on Dixie Drive. The iTunes card can be used on a computer or other electronic device to play or download music and games or to gain access to the internet.To get more news about 充值q币, you can visit nnxwheels.com official website.

The next day, Tate uncovered the code and entered it into his device. “It rang up an error,” he said, “already redeemed.”

Worried about losing his $100, Tate called Apple Support for help. He was referred to a manager who then referred him to “the highest person” at the support office.

“He said it’s a fraud with those cards,” Tate said. “Some cards have the same code number and could be sold multiple times but that code is only redeemed once.”Tate said the Apple representative told him this particular code number was redeemed by someone in Kentucky on Dec. 11 prior to 2 p.m., when Tate attempted to redeem his card. Apple told him that same code had been used multiple times but only redeemed once.

Tate said he was told by the Apple representative that they “couldn’t and wouldn’t give him his money back, even though the account was closed out because of frivolous activity.” He was also told that “Walmart and Walgreens have sold lots of cards that have (already) been redeemed.”He went to his bank to attempt to stop payment on his debit card but was told the payment had already gone through. A woman there also called Apple and was told the same thing, Tate said. “She couldn’t believe it.

“Why is the card on a (store) shelf when the fraud is known?” Tate asked. “Why can’t they give a customer their money back?Imagine someone giving 10 iTune cards as gifts and nobody can use them,” he said. “And then they can’t get their money back.”

Tate said he is disabled and on a fixed income. “I can’t afford to lose $100,” he said. “But I feel if I don’t get my money back, I should let others know.”

This reporter called Apple Support and talked to a woman named Tanya. She said Apple representatives can’t comment on such cases. She suggested filing a police report.

Tanya added that Apple has “no way to verify if the code number was passed along.”Master Lt. Richard Thompson of the Asheboro Police Department recommends filing a police report in such cases. Then the report can be sent to the company that originated the gift card.

“Sometimes they will refund people’s money,” Thompson said.He also recommends checking a gift card soon after the purchase to make sure the balance is what’s on the card. If not, take the card back to the store for a refund or contact the company.

“Each company is a little different,” Thompson said, “but I recommend filing a police report.”

Another safeguard against electronic pickpocketing is a radio frequency identification, or RFID, wallet or sleeve that shields against unlawful electronic readers that can download information on unprotected cards.
Страниц: [1]
  Печать  

Перейти в: